Wednesday, January 15, 2014

How to make the BEST Protein Waffle!


According to Livestrong.com the average Belgian Waffle contains 510 calories... And that's before the syrup and other calorie dense toppings. Traditional waffles contain very little protein and a crazy amount of carbs. I'm going to share with you guys how I enjoy delicious waffles for breakfast and stay fit! 

What you will need...

•1 scoop of vanilla or chocolate protein powder. (I use perfect fit, organic and plant based)
•1/2 cup of quick oats.
•1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
•Two eggs 

 Pre-heat your waffle maker to medium heat. 

First, place your 1/2 cup of quick oats into a blender or food processor. You want to pulse the oats until they turn to flour. You can also buy oat flour from most grocery stores, but I find it just as easy to make my own.

Once your oats are a flour-like consistency add your eggs, protein powder, and cottage cheese. You can also add one packet of stevia to the mixture for added sweetness.

Mix all ingredients in the blender until you have a batter.

Pour half the batter into your waffle maker and...

Here's your delicious protein waffle! 

This recipe makes 2 waffles. 

1 waffle 
• 202 calories
•19 protein 
•17 carbs
•7   fat

I usually like to drizzle a little bit of honey on top. You can also top your waffle with fruit, shredded coconut, or  1 tbsp of nut butter. This recipe is so delicious and guilt-free. These waffles will not weigh you down and with all that protein you'll be full for hours! 

If you guys make your own protein waffles I would love to see them on Instagram! Just hashtag #JenTheFitFoodie so I can find them!

1 comment:


  1. If you are looking for good training programmes I can recommend you Supplements.co.nz Their STUFF help me with choosing the best training program for me.

    ReplyDelete