Sunday, February 2, 2014

My go to guilt free snacks!


Pictured above are some of my favorite snacks!

Homemade Trail Mix. I make my trail mix using 2 tbsp of unsalted almonds, 2 tbsp of no sugar added dried fruit, and 1 tbsp of chocolate chips. I love making my own because it is portion controlled. It's about 200 calories, which most of my snacks are.

KIND Bars. These bars are becoming very popular so you should have no problem finding them at your local grocery store. I tend to choose the ones with 5 grams of sugar or less. My favorite is dark chocolate nuts and sea salt!

• Über Bars. These can also be found at most grocery stores. My favorite is coconut macaroon and bananas foster.

• Questbars. These are great for a post-workout treat. I usually pop mine in the microwave for 10 seconds and top it with nut butter. These are a little harder to find but GNC does carry them.

Hummus or Hommus (who knew there were two different spellings.. I didn't haha) I'll usually have 2 tbsp of hummus with baby carrots and a few pita chips. The pita chips are dangerous, at least for me, I can't stop.

Turkey Roll Up. For a quick snack that'll keep me full I roll up a string cheese in 2 slices of turkey.

• Popcorn. Honestly popcorn doesn't always keep me full but I like it to snack on and really enjoy it! I like BOOM CHICKA POP because it comes in a single serve pack! They also have other tasty favors AND best of all their corn is non-GMO( It is not genetically modified like most corn products are)!

• Somersalts. I originally discovered these at Whole Foods but they are popping up at conventional grocery stores, even target. They are cookies with sunflower seeds mixed in. My favorite flavor is the Dutch Cocoa. It tastes like Coco Puffs cereal!

• Ants on a log. I'm sure you have all had this! I put 1 tbsp of almond butter on 2 celery sticks with 2 tbsp of dried fruit on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment